I love pasta. I love tomatoes. I love Olive Oil. I love wine. Sometimes I wonder why I wasn’t born as an Italian. Well, I guess God wanted me to appreciate all tastes and all cuisines, so he increased my palette by making me an Indian :).
I learned this recipe from a friend who had come over once and I make this on all special occasions. My husband is also fond of this one.
- Pasta (I prefer farfalle) – 1 cup
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Lettuce/Salad leaves shredded in random ways 1 cup
- Cherry tomatoes cut into halves 6-7
- Chopped Olives, green/black – 1/2 cup
- Boiled sweet corn – 1/2 cup
- Bell peppers diced : Red and Yellow – 1/2 cup
- Carrots diced – 1/2 cup
- (Optional) Basil leaves – a handful
How to prepare:
- Boil pasta for 8-10 minutes until it is al-dente. Farfalle takes a minute or two more as the part where the bow is joined takes longer time to cook.
- Once boiled, drain pasta & keep it aside.
- In a salad bowl, add all the vegetables (you can add any vegetables you want).
- Add two tablespoons Thousand Island Dressing, add more till it coats the pasta and veggies well.
- Toss in some basil leaves on top for effect.
- Refrigerate for an hour or two before serving. This salad tasted best cold. 🙂
- Lick the bowl once you finish the pasta.