Sunday afternoon, Deven and I already had a heavy breakfast. It was raining the entire morning. I wanted something tingling to taste. It was at this moment that I was inspired to try out this recipe that used both veggies and spices (something that I need in almost all my dishes). It turned out amazing, I hope you try it too.
It’s quite easy and we usually have all ingredients stocked at home 🙂
Preparation Time: 15-20 mins
Yellow, Red and Green Peppers 1 each
Olive Oil 1 tsp
For the sauce
Schezwan sauce 2 tbsp
Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tsp
salt to taste
Chilli flakes 2 pinches
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a vessel.
- Boil babycorn and keep aside.
- Cut bell peppers in julienne (long/medium sized thin strips).
- Heat olive oil and a table spoon of butter in the pan. Let it heat well enough.
- Mix and roll the babycorn in the sauce we had made earlier and place the pieces one by one in the pan.
- Fry them nicely on each side by turning them in the pan.
- Take out the slightly crisp and brown baby corn and place them on a tissue paper to soak excess oil.
- Put the bell peppers in the pan and stir fry them quickly. Ensure that they are not cooked completely and are still firm when you take them out.
- Place the baby corn on a plate, with the bell peppers on it. You may add a dash of lemon juice to add a zest to it 🙂
Note: You may cut the babycorn in halves or as much size as you prefer. I cut them in half so that they are easy to eat 🙂
Lemme know how it turned out 🙂
Tip: Apart from the chili flakes, you may add oregano, parsley or any mixed herbs to give it a twist 🙂